Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Almost bought an iPod

Today I was feeling bored, with a couple hours of free time and an old Future Shop gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket. So, I almost went downtown to buy an iPod. I have always resisted the ubiquitous iPod, not being the type who really enjoys listening to music while walking around. I prefer to actually experience the world as I move through it. Still, having recently noticed that prices are getting pretty low for the entry level models, I have to admit I was tempted. They just look so slick and tiny and cool. But it's a slippery slope. Once you buy in, this things got more accessories than a Barbie doll.

I'm reminded of the old Neil Young (or is it CSNY?) song.

Almost bought my iPod.
But I didn't, and I think I know why.
Gonna let my freedom flag fly.

No comments: