Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Whacker

I just got back from my first volunteer session with Gord Perks. I got to meet him, briefly, as he was heading out to canvas. He actually asked if I was the guy whose blog he'd seen. I said no, not intending to be deceptive, but it just didn't occur to me that he meant me. After all, this site is only seen by a few people a day. It's mostly read by family and friends and, as I like to say, it's cheaper than therapy. But anyway, if Gord does read this thing, apologies. I'm a bit chagrinned at my previous post. I could have been a bit more positive . God knows running a campaign is not easy and he and his team are working very hard.

Anyway, I got off my ass and helped put up some signs today. We were using a big metal contraption called "the whacker" to drive in the posts. My arms are TIRED. Yowza! On the plus side, the guy working with me called me a strapping young lad, which was nice. I'm borderline on the young part, and definitely not strapping.

Anyway, it feels good to get out and do something. By the time we got back this afternoon the office was full of volunteers. No more naysaying. We've got a campaign to win!

No comments: